KEEP THE HORTON GENERAL
Our hospital provides vital services to Banbury's growing population.
We're about to lose those services.
So what are we doing about it?
Behind the scenes……
Outwardly, the campaign went quiet for a few months while the decision
makers retreated behind closed doors to review the proposals. Here’s
what went on.
• The working groups were asked to review obstetric and paediatric services at the Horton in detail, and make recommendations to the Trust.
• The Trust also set up a Stakeholder Panel, including (amongst others) representatives from the Keep the Horton General Campaign, Cherwell District Council, Banbury Town Council, and the Oxfordshire Primary Care Trust.
• The stakeholder panel’s job is to comment on the working groups’ recommendations, and make their own suggestions. However, it is the ORH Trust who will make the final decision.
• The working groups reviewed the evidence and prepared their draft reports, which they presented to the stakeholder panel.
• The stakeholder group debated the new proposals and crafted a comprensive response (read the stakeholders response here).
• The Trust reviewed the working groups’ recommendations and the stakeholders response, and decided to press on with the cuts.
• The Oxfordshire Joint Health Overview and Scrutiny Committee decided this was unacceptable and referred the proposals to the Secretary of State for Health.
• The Health Secretary referred the proposals to the Independent Reconfiguration Panel.
• The IRP are reviewing the proposals in detail, visiting Banbury and talking to stakeholders and the general public.
It is vital that you write to them and let them know how much we need the hospital.
see "previous events" for our
other activities and achievements.
The original proposals
Our formal response to the consultation
our response - click here
(People United Saving Hospitals)
and civic leaders conference
information - and using it
committees that matter
written to over 100 parish councils, to local businesses, churches, mosques
written to the national media
Our NHS Public Campaign
- opposes the
cuts that are taking place all across the country
All the Oxfordshire
MPs are lobbying parliament for fair funding for Oxfordshire. Oxfordshire
receives the lowest funding per head of population in the country.